There’s a backlog of progress updates from the forum, and encouraging e-mails. A backlog! Love it. :-)
Very awesome to read that many of you are benefitting from the blog and BackTo20/20. Even more awesome (and many thanks for the inspiration) that some of you are taking the time to write and share the details. You’re helping others get inspired, find insights, gain self confidence. And it’s keeping me motivated to dig into the e-mails every day and post on the blog.
Anyway. Today, Cadence. One year, getting out of the double digit myopia danger zone:
Important note: If you want to get started improving your own eyesight, I offer a number of courses, including options for one-on-one support with me personally. Check out the courses page for what’s currently available to help your eyeballs.
You can find the post, as well as previous posts and replies from Cadence, over in the forum.
1) I hope I’m answering all your e-mails. It’s serious overload lately, even with an admin. She is instructed to not let me see things that are irrelevant, or a lengthly follow-up questions that clearly fall into how’s-this-even-a-free-advice-request category, or things that would be obvious from even a casual read of the e-mail series. Some haterade and pointed criticism still comes through, I want to see what the not-fans have to say.
So if you sent me something not in the censored-for-Jake categories and I haven’t replied, just remind me.
2) The new student sign-up processing system seems to be working well for the most part. Meaning proper credit card options instead of just Paypal. There are some pretty glaring bugs in the presentation and I have to manually send you a sign-up link, hopefully those details will be fixed next week. Yes, invites are pretty limited lately. Patience!
3) I’m still planning to get back to video. Some things are just trial runs and get ditched, others make it onto the permanent list. Video is on the latter. Right now it’s just so many hours in the day and not enough left for vanity projects.
4) Twitter. It’s a bit overwhelming and new, but very promising and lots of very interesting contacts. Some of it is taking more of my time than expected, the social media minion while well intentioned, just doesn’t have the knowledge to do all of it (all tweets are from me). So as with other bits, you’ll see some stops and starts and whatnot.
5) Facebook. F*** those guys.
Why am I not promoting Facebook one bit? For one the really shady silencing of political dissent that’s going on in my home country, with Zuckerberg and Merkel collaborating, is appalling. Par for the course, whatever, no politics here. And sure, corporations will be corporations. It’s a turn off anyway. That and the fact that advertising on Facebook is one epic, giant scam (in my direct experience at least). And lastly, Facebook strikes me more of a friends network, whereas something like Twitter is better geared towards connection making and things-posting. I don’t really want to annoy people with eyeball things in their friend feeds.
Probably other things I’m forgetting. Full time nanny is taking life out of the danger zone a bit, but the whole #endmyopia project is definitely taking up far more hours than I really have for screen-time. Thanks for all the patience and encouragements.
That’s it for today!